ITIL® Continual Service Improvement Certification Training Course
The ITIL Service Transition Certificate Course is one of five lifecycle courses that fit into the intermediate stream for ITIL certification. It is a free-standing qualification but it is also a module contributing to the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management Certificate.
This certification is aimed at people involved with the management and control of Service Transition and, as such, does not cover process details in great depth. (For that level of information see the ITIL Expert Qualification: Release, Control and Validation Certificate).
The Service Transition (ST) focuses on the process and practice techniques required to build, test and implement products and services and also demonstrates how service transition can apply to other stages of the IT Service lifecycle and can underpin decisions during the Strategy and Operations phases.
3 days ITIL® Intermediate Service Transition (ST) Classroom Training / Online Training is an intense training on ITIL® Framework, led by highly experienced & certified trainers. Optimal batch size ensures focus and quality. Expert ITIL® instructors take interactive classroom sessions for better exam preparation. Complete exam curriculum will be covered and discussed in classroom workshops along with the help of real time examples, practice questions and quizzes.
- At least 21 contact hours (hours of instruction, excluding breaks, with an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution) for this syllabus, as part of a formal, approved training course/scheme
- A basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable
- Hold the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management (achieved via Service Manager or Practitioner bridging routes)
ITIL Credit System
- Under the ITIL Credit System, you must earn a number of credits from each ITIL qualification to progress to the next level within the ITIL scheme.
- The ST module is worth three credits towards the minimum of 17 required to progress to the Managing Across the Lifecycle module, which is the final step before the ITIL Expert Level.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 Days
- Skill level All Level
- Language Any
- Students 125
- Assessments Self